IBM (z/OS) - Working with the Mainframe 2.5
This course begins by explaining how data is stored in a mainframe and the type of security that protects it. It then discusses the core products used to prioritize and process that data. Locating system documentation is going to be important for anyone working on the mainframe, for example error message manuals, product installation processes, so knowing how to access it is important. This is covered in the last module of this course.
This course is designed for any personnel that are required to have a broad understanding of the IBM mainframe environment.
Successful completion of IBM (z/OS) - The Evolving Mainframe course, or equivalent knowledge.
- After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how to access and interact with the mainframe
- Explain how mainframe data security and integrity is ensured
- Describe how mainframe work is processed
- Locate z/OS system and product documentation
Mainframe Security and Data Access
VTOCs and Catalogs
UNIX File Systems
Editing Data under ISPF
z/OS UNIX Shell
Job Control Language
Job Scheduling Software
JES2 and JES3
Importance of Locating Information
IBM Online Documentation
z/OS Internet Library
Software Online Documentation
IBM Mainframe Hardware Life Cycle History
Software Product Life Cycle