RACF – Managing RACF Groups and Administrative Authorities 2.5
This course follows on from the RACF – Defining and Managing Users in RACF course describing how users can be connected to Group profiles and can be assigned special privileged access.
Application programmers, systems programmers, database administrators, security administrators, and anyone requiring knowledge about how user access is defined using RACF on the z/OS platform.
Successful completion of the RACF – Defining and Managing Users in RACF course or equivalent knowledge.
- After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the use and structure of group profiles
- Enter commands used to maintain group profiles
- Maintain group profiles using the RACF ISPF interface
- Connect and remove users from Groups
- Explain how Group Authorities and User Attributes are used
Defining Group Profiles to RACF
What are Group Profiles?
Group Profile Categories
Group Profile Structure
TSO Commands Used to Define, Maintain, List, and Delete Group Profiles
Using ISPF to Maintain Group Profiles
Connecting Users, Groups, and Administration Authorities
Connecting and Removing Users from Groups
Display Users Connected to Groups
Group Authorities – JOIN, USE, CREATE, and CONNECT
Defining Delegation Authorities
System and Group SPECIAL Attribute
System and Group OPERATIONS Attribute
Scope of Group Concepts