z/OS - z/OS Problem Diagnosis and Resolution Assessment 2.5
This assessment measures the student's skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving z/OS hardware and software problems, or other IT specialists that need to perform z/OS system problem resolution.
Skills and knowledge associated with being able to identify and apply an action to be taken when a system related problem occurs.
The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- z/OS - Concepts 2.5
- z/OS - Managing and Processing z/OS Data 2.5
- z/OS - Initializing and Terminating the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS - Displaying z/OS System Activity 2.5
- z/OS - Advanced z/OS Monitoring Facilities 2.5
- z/OS - Identifying z/OS System Problems 2.5
- z/OS - Removing Tasks from the z/OS System 2.5
- z/OS - Techniques for Handling General z/OS Problems 2.5
Additional on-the-job training in the areas above should also be undertaken to prepare you for scenario based questions that have been included in this assessment.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting error messages and display command data
- Varying devices online/offline
- Canceling started tasks and TSO users
- Use of Traces and Dumps
- Common abend codes
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.